Monday, June 27, 2011

Two week report

Two weeks have now passed since the beginning of the 100-Day Heart Challenge so I thought I would give a little report.
1) Weight: lost 10 pounds.  Love it.  Never lost this much weight at one time in my life!!!
2) Blood pressure: Finally coming down some.  Still some room for improvement.  Hovering around 125/85.
3) Blood Sugar: On first day of challenge was 288.  Today 153.  Looking better, but room for improvement.
4) Inches lost around waist:  Don't know.  I don't want to measure quite yet, but yesterday I had to tighten my belt one notch from where it had been.  I take that as a good sign.

So two weeks in and I am stoked at the results.  I am waiting for the weight loss wall to hit.  We all know at some point the weight stops coming off and your body tests your determination to press on before it will give in and let you loose more.  I have set a goal to drop 25 pounds during the challenge.  While I am thrilled that I am almost halfway to that goal, I realize that tough days are ahead.

I am so glad and thankful to have the opportunity to participate in this challenge.  It has been a great blessing in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! That is awesome. Your hard work is definitely paying off, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James! This is GREAT news. You're doing so well. Just keep it up!

    ReplyDelete