Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday Dinner

All through my life I have had a big Sunday dinner.  Meat and potatoes are the base of those dinners.  Yesterday I ate light through the day so I could enjoy my "big" Sunday dinner.  I put 6 oz of lean top round roast beef on my plate, 2 cups of mashed potatoes, 1 cup of baby carrots, and 1 1/2 cups of watermelon.  All that fit into my food plan due to what little I had eaten through the day.  As soon as I picked up my fork and knife I thought "I'm not going to be able to eat all of this".  Two weeks ago I would have had no problem polishing that amount of food off.  I ended up leaving one half of the potatoes, one half of the carrots, and about one quarter of the watermelon on my plate.  I guess my stomach is shrinking.  It is becoming easier to eat less because I require less food to feel full.  In the words of Martha Stewart "Its a good thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment