Friday, August 26, 2011

Indulging

Yesterday was one wild and crazy day.  Physically demanding and emotionally draining.  My eating was challenging.  Challenging in the sense of finding time, or taking time to eat.  I got in a quick breakfast, a bowl of cereal & milk and a granola bar.  Lunch I sneaked in a half a ham sandwich and a banana.  Dinner is a whole other story.  I did not stop moving at work from 4:30 pm until 10:00 pm.  No way I was going to be able to find time to eat a meal, let alone one that would be healthy.  So my dinner consisted of Sub Zero Ice Cream.  We invited Sub Zero to provide their products for the Girl's Night Out event at the American Fork Hospital.  I was hot, tired, sweaty and hungry.  It was a real treat to have ice cream once again.  But as my Father-in-Law says "You have to pay for your thrills".  Right now it is 4:45 am and I am paying for the thrill of eating ice cream by sitting in front of my computer with a stomach that is empty and deprived and a body that is shaky, in needs of nourishment.  It is too early for me to eat.  One thing I have learned is how to spread out, or time my meals and snacks.  I don't want to throw this off so I will just wait for for another hour to get a little something to eat.

So was it worth it?  Yep!  But it will probably be a long time before I do that sort of thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment